Sunday, April 16, 2017

Day seven: Religion and Pop

So happy easter everyone. I don't believe in the resurrection of Jesus as a physical reality however I believe in the resurrection as a spiritual reality. Maybe next year my beliefs will change about this. I have no evidence to support this claim of life after death. As a matter of fact I don't believe in the resurrection even though the new testament and book of mormon support it. I choose not to believe in this third act. As far as I know I have this live to live and I plan to live it to the fullest. With that said today's topics are religion and pop.

The religion aspect of today's post covers what is the torah which is the old testament which is the five books of moses. Wow these books are very rich in tradition. These were given to Moses on top of Mt. Sinai.  I believe this is where jah first makes himself manifest to the world. The creation story is given in this sacred text. I ask myself "How can I benefit by living the torah?" It's a question I still am looking to answer.

The pop section of today's post covers coney Island. I'm not sure what coney island is. I'm pretty sure it's in new jersey/ I want to say they had a bunch of freak shows there. Was this the location of the hot dog? Let me consult the book. Correction it's at the southern edge of Brooklyn in New York. It was an amusement park. Ok. So the park was popular in the 1890s till about the great depression in the 1930s. It had a sketchy reputation; still millions attended the park. I was right about the hot dog. They still have the annual hot dog eating contest there.

So that is today's post. short sweet. to the point. check out some of my old posts if you like random nonsense coming from a person with schizophrenia. Thanks for checking this out. Leave a comment. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment